Pearl jewelry is simple one of the most elegant and exquisite jewelry any individual can own.
Pearls are one of the most amazing gift from the ocean, because each pearl is created unique.
CARING FOR PEARLS
Pearls are very delicate and soft that need an extra special care. Hailed as the treasure of the ocean, colour and beauty that is unmatched and loved by the beautiful ladies of the land. Each pearl is unique in its luster and shape. Each precious pearl wore by the ladies bring forth the elegance and beauty that enchants the man of the land and sea alike. Cleaning these precious jewels of the sea will required the most love and care, but it can easy as ABC if you follow our simple steps.
What you will need:
- A soft 100% cotton cloth or fine flannel cloth or microfiber cloth.
- Cup of distilled water (approx 20 Degrees Celsius) for rinsing.
- A few drops of olive oil.
- A pair of gentle hands to treat each jewelry with love and care.
- Soak your Pearl Jewelry into the distilled water for approx 15 minutes.
- Gently rub off any dirt and excess makeup from the jewelry with soft 100% cotton cloth.
- Rinse your Pearl Jewelry in distilled water.
- Dab your jewelry with a clean soft 100% cotton cloth.
- Gently rub your Pearl Jewelry with a soft cloth with some olive oil.
- Your Pearl Jewelry should have a nice clean glow.
Note: Always treat your jewelry with tender and care. Like the tender skin of a baby you can scratch it if you aren't careful so don't rub it too briskly. Pearl is very soft thus you should never store your pearls in a jewelry box next to any other jewelry. Pearls should be stored separated from other jewelry as the other pieces of jewelry can damage the pearls by scratching the pearl. Alternatively, you can keep your pearl in a fabric lined box or fabric pouch for best protection.
Skin will sweat and sometimes produces acids and salts that can harm your pearls. It is recommend to gently wipe your pearl after every wearing. Elegant necklace such as a pearl necklace worn by many ladies may absorb acid from the skin that will slowly eat into the pearl. This is the main cause of the pearls losing its luster. A simple wiping each pearls with a soft wet soft cloth will prevent dirt from accumulating.
Warning: As pearls are soft and easily scratched care must be taken when cleaning your pearl jewelry. Other things to avoid are chemicals and heat.
Never use ultrasonic cleansers, detergents, bleaches, toothpaste or even baking soda to clean your pearl jewelry. Only use ambient temperature water (Approx. 20 degrees Celsius).
Good Practice: Always take off your pearls before getting into shower or using any cosmetics, hair spray, or perfume and avoid heat and dry air. Pearl being both beautiful and unique, is also very fragile and delicate. Heat and chemicals can cause pearls to turn brown, dry out, and crack.
Tips: A secret to ensure your pearl luster is to use a drop of olive oil on your cleansing cloth to help maintain your pearls’ luster.